2016 Free Boms

Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Dilly-Bag-Along

I'm playing along with fabulous Angie from Gnome Angel in the Dilly-bag-along. Yesterday afternoon, at my Friday afternoon stitching group, I made my 36 whole hexies.  Just 12 half hexies to go.
It was fabulously easy to make these big hexies (1 1/2 inches) as I've been making half inch hexies lately and so these seem enormous..  Also, for the first time, I glued the fabric down - so fast, so easy.
Most of the fabric is from my stash but I also put in some squares from a charm pack I bought at Sewn and Quilted.  It is Botanique by Joel Dewberry - just love it.



Have you any little boys in your life?  If you do, I feel very confident you will enjoy visiting Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy Crafts.  HERE Stacey shares a 


MEGA LIST OF BOY PDF SEWING PATTERNS

Thanks for sharing this with us Stacey.
Here's a great school holiday project, very kindly shared by Allison at Dream A Little Bigger.
Please take a look, the technique is so very clever.  Many thanks to Allison.
Hope you are having a wonderful day,
Love


11 comments:

  1. Enjoy the dilly bag along. I was really pleased with mine. I'd never made anything like it before and I am rapt with the result. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fabulous and I can't wait to see them all come together. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the fun fabrics you are using for your dilly bag...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mel I love your hexies for your dilly bag I am hoping I get enough time to get some done before I go away,enjoy your Sunday my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It only take 36 whole hexies, that sounds so doable. Now I'm getting really tempted! Your hexies all look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought the Dilly Bag Pattern thanks to you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your hexies, very pretty colours. I also have this pattern but have yet to start on it will look forward to seeing your finished dilly bag :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your pretty hexies, the bag is going to look gorgoeus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Big" hexies, lol...they are beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...