2016 Free Boms

Monday, July 28, 2014

Rosie's Hexie Quilt Best of Friends

I haven't worked on this quilt for a year.  I know it is a year because the last time I worked on it was at the 2013 NOTYQ Retreat and that was 51 weeks ago.  I'm getting it ready to take with me on this year's retreat which starts this Friday.
I've started cutting fabric ready to be made into large hexie flowers.  The centres will all have a stitchery from Rosalie Quinlan's Best Friends Forever BOM.

This is such a useful project.  I can see myself making lots of these busy bags for Henry
There is a fabulous, detailed tutorial to accompany the pattern HERE.  Huge thanks to Becky from Infarrantly Creative for sharing it with us.
Hope you are having a creative day
Love


16 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time at the retreat Mel, love the quilt you are working on...Henry will love the bags I am sure!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute hexies.....I love doing them this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is going to be lovely Mel,did you get the information i sent to you about where to go,lol,politely of course,lol,hope you had an awesome day my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time at the retreat.... Cool activity bag

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hexies Mel, I still have to crack open mine yet maybe next year :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That stitchery is so lovely and used as a center for a hexie flower will be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I LOVE your quilt!!! Of course, I love anything "tea-themed"….can hardly wait to see more.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. that stitchery quilt is lovely, and isn't it funny how you put quilts away for some time and then get a renewed energy for them,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hexies are so pretty. I've seen that pattern around and just adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful pattern !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a beautiful project Melody , have fun at the retreat !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a perfect project to take on retreat... nice an portable...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll keep encouraging you to keep stitching, Mel, and you keep me on track with my DWR!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good to see it back on the go again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colour fabrics and thread you have chosen for those hexies.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...