2016 Free Boms

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Home Sweet Home Part 7

Finally here's the next little addition to our penny rugs. Again I turned to Linda's inspiring blog, Quilts in the Barn, for inspiration.  She shared this beautiful photo,

and I knew it would be perfect for the church on my penny rug.

You can download the Penny Rug templates HERE.  You will also need to cut the following pieces
Tower 2 3/4" x 4"
Cross 1/4" x  2 1/2"
          1/4" x 1 1/4"
Roof 2 x (1/4" x 6")
Veranda Roof 1/4" x 4"
Veranda post 1/2" x 3"

Cut out your pieces of felt/wool and sew lines down the church and tower pieces to represent weatherboards.

Sew on the door, windows and cross.

Glue the pieces in place and button hole stitch around the edges to secure. I traced 3/4 circles onto the roof and stitched with back-stitch to represent curved slates.
I also chain stitched a line down the middle of the door and added 2 colonial knots as handles.
In a couple of weeks time we will add the lettering and some cute spring flowers.

PS This little green mouse is on its way to Chelsea at Bunny Hill.  Read Anne's post HERE

11 comments:

  1. what a lovely church Mel,take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melody for another lovely block...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful church for your block. I love old churches and always try to get photos when we go on trips.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a moment, I thought I was looking at a church set in the Tennessee hills, very similar landscape. It makes a charming addition to your peeny rug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. I like the little mouse.
    Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect addition Melody , thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I can see why you were inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely little church,I'm really into penny rugs at the moment,The little mouse is sweet.
    Keep well Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melody! For some reason I could not download the template. Have fallen behind but I want to complete this project because you have inspired me to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did this go? Lat one I could find is from September (church) but I don't think it's finished as it was originally 10 month project. Will we be getting more? Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sally,

    I was just looking for the others myself. Sure hope they get posted soon.

    Janice M.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...